Angels On Bare Skin - Review

It feels so good to be back blogging and have all my exams done! Let me know in the comments below if you want to see an 'Updated Life' post. I feel as if a lot has changed! I know I posted on the 12th but that was just a quick post until I started properly again today.

DISCLAIMER: All views are my own and I don't intend to insult anyone through these views. Lush are not sponsoring me nor am I being paid to write this. This is my opinion of the face wash so if you don't agree then that's fine.


Ive written a review about the Ocean Salt Scrub back in December (read it here) I loved it and even bought more when I ran out twice. Some time in March I used it and it made my face go all dry and crack, I was so surprised as this hadn't happened before. I waited for a couple of weeks before I used it again and it happened once again.





I knew this wasn't right so I took a trip down to my local Lush and they couldn't of been any more helpful. It turned out my skin had suddenly went sensitive (how does that even happen!) The girl in Lush suggested this Angels On Bare Skin

This product is available on the lush website for £6.75 (100g) or £16.88 (250g) this has a rating of 4.6 out if 5

Ingredients - Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Water, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tagetes Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Lavender Flowers, Limeonene, Linalool

Since finding out I now have sensitive skin I've went crazy! Buying soooo many sensitive face washes and what not but this is my favourite.

This is the only face wash I have found that doesn't dry or irritate my skin but helps me get clear, spot free skin. I found that although the sensitive range didn't dry or irritate my skin it didn't leave me spot free. 

It can be quite messy to use as you have to mix a small amount with water in the palm of your hand until it creates a paste, I have heard that using a little tub to do this reduces the amount of mess (the child in my finds the mess fun :3) The feeling of it on your face takes a little getting used to, it is bitty and sort of slimy.

I try to use this twice a day but if I'm feeling lazy (which is most of the time) I'll only use it on a morning when I'm in the shower. I used this for around a week before I started seeing results, my spots had reduced loads and my skin felt so soft and smooth. 

I feel like this would work best for all types of skin but for sensitive skin this is a great way to get a deep scrub without having a reaction. However, if you are not a fan of lavender I would go against buying this unless you could get over the smell; it smells very strongly of lavender. 

One of the things I don't particularly like about this product is the short date on it, 3 months. I feel as if this is a short date compared to some lush products, I don't tend to use a a lot even though I use it morning and night so I feel as if I'm going to have some left in the post when the date comes round. Mine goes out of date on the 27th of June (this month!!) and I still have just under half a post left!

Price: 8/10
It;s a reasonable price and will defiantly be re-buying but by the looks of things I am going to have some left over by the used by date.

Packaging: 7/10
Its the standard Lush packaging which for some odd reason I find pretty cute.

Application: 8/10
It is pretty messy.

Formula: 8/10
It has a strange texture that takes some getting used to.

Overall (average): 7.5



Song Of The Day:
Imagine Dragons - Blank Spa/Stand By Me


Much Love
Niamh
XO


P.S dont for get to follow my new Instagram the link is below <3











Post a Comment